Digital Marketing refers to advertising through digital platforms like social media, search engines, Mobile Applications, websites, email.
In other simple words, we can say “Digital marketing is the marketing of products or services using digital technologies, mainly on the Internet, but also including mobile phones, display advertising, and any other digital medium.”
Types of Digital Marketing:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Pay per click advertising
- Affiliate Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Search Engine Optimization is the procedure to get organic traffic, search results on search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing. SEO is a very important digital marketing technique. By this, you can increase relevant organic traffic that will help you to grow your business. In SEO it’s important the drive traffic by you to your website is relevant to your business. If it’s not relevant to your business, the traffic drive by you is no good.
- Search Engine Marketing(SEM): Search Engine Marketing term uses to get both organic and organic traffic to your website. But nowadays SEM only uses for paid advertising. So SEM refers to paid marketing to increase the visibility of a website in Search engines. Google Adwords & Bing Ads is a perfect example of this marketing.
- Content Marketing: Content marketing is an integral part of digital marketing that concentrates on creating and distributing content. It aims to make a reach for a targeted and valuable audience. Content marketing plays an important role in digital marketing activities such as social media marketing, email marketing, and SEO.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM): Social Media Marketing is the most trending advertising activity in digital marketing nowadays, it refers to advertise and attract the audience through social media platforms. By SMM you can easily make a good relationship with customers.
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC): Pay-Per-Click Advertising also refers to sponsored ads. In this advertiser pay for getting a niche audience for the website. In this, you pay only when someone clicks on your ads. PPC as similar to SEM but it also includes affiliate marketing and Display marketing.
- Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate marketing is also one of the trending marketing activities in digital marketing. In this marketing, people can make money online. In this marketing, a person partners up with business to drive traffic and generate sales for this business. For eg, If you are a blogger and put external links of the website in your blog. When a user clicks on the external links and makes purchases, you get a commission on it.
- Email Marketing: Email marketing is also the most popular digital marketing type. In this, by email, you can promote your products and services. If you go deeper into this marketing it helps to build a good relationship with your clients and customers.
The Big Question: Is Digital Marketing profession is a good career choice?
In this era, we live every-one uses the internet. Such as ordering food online, paying bills online, shopping online, many other things humans can do online. People also conduct their business meetings online, just login into their computers, smartphones, tablets every day. These digital devices and the internet growing rapidly that creating a big opportunity for companies to expand their business.
By the digitization of businesses the demand of new professionals needed, these are called Digital marketers. These people having vast knowledge and skills to use the power of the internet for the purpose of promoting business online through email marketing, blogs, web pages, and social media.
Career Fields in Digital Marketing:
- Content Developer
- SMM (Social Media Marketer)
- Mobile Marketing Specialist
- SEO Experts (Search Engine Optimization experts)
- Brand Management
- Email marketer
- PPC Experts
The Demand of Digital marketers is increasing day by day due to the economy of the digital sector expanding more than the traditional economy at an exponential rate. In this era, there are no old ways of doing business, the digital revolution is upon us. Technology is changing each second.